Submit AbstractSubmit Abstract
Abstract Submission Deadline: 3 April 2017
Abstracts submitted to the conference will be reviewed by the conference chairs, and if not selected may still be considered for the general sessions. Abstracts submitted to the general sessions will be reviewed by the conference scientific committee. Decisions on abstracts will be made one month after the close of the abstracts submissions.
Oral and paper abstracts are now invited on the following topics in Symposiums and General Sessions. They should be submitted using the online abstract submission system.
Interfacing nature and humans
- Socio-ecological models
- Simulation models
- GIS and landscape
- Agent based models
- Energy quality (e.g., energy, exergy)
- Sensor networks, pattern recognition, and robots in ecological modelling
- Data treatment and management
- Network analysis
- Complex systems
- Population and quantitative genetics in ecological modelling
- Molecular ecology/evolution and meta-genomics
- Strategy and game theory
- Population/community stability and persistence
- Ecosystem adaptation/evolution to environmental variability
- Behavioral adaptation to stress and disturbance
Social collaboration for ecosystem sustainability
- Theme: Ecological threats and adaptation (Proposed by National Institute of Ecology, Korea)
- Invasive species: establishment, expansion, and management
- Climate change: response, prediction and management
- Ecosystem services
- Models dealing with stress, disturbance and disaster in ecosystems
- Wildlife management: small/big mammals, insects, fish, birds, amphibians, reptiles, etc.
- Pest management
- Biodiversity and conservation management
- Food-energy-water nexus
- Aquatic and river ecosystem management
- Brackish and coastal ecosystem management
- Terrestrial and forest ecosystem management
- Urban ecosystem management
- Education and public relations
The sessions will be organized in parallel according to hierarchical units of ecological systems, computational methods, and applied and related fields across different ecosystems:
- Ecology in molecules and cells
- Individual ecology in relation with physiology, morphology, behavior, etc.
- Population and community ecology
- Ecosystem functioning and management (e.g., energy, bio-geo-chemical cycle)
- Heuristic or data-based models
- Process-based models
- Statistics in relation with ecological modelling
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Input-output models and LCA
Applied and related fields
- Environmental Science
- Ecological Economics
- Disease and health
- Chemical ecology
Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt including an abstract reference number, which should be quoted in all correspondence. Allow at least 2 hours for your receipt to be returned to you.
Once the paper is accepted, at least one of the authors must register for the conference and present the paper at the conference.
If you do not receive acknowledgement for your abstract submission or you wish to make any essential revisions to an abstract already submitted, please DO NOT RESUBMIT your abstract, as this may lead to duplication. Please contact us with details of any revisions or queries. Please quote your reference number if you have one.