Submit AbstractSubmit Abstract
Abstract Submission Deadline: 3 April 2017
Abstracts submitted to the conference will be reviewed by the conference chairs, and if not selected may still be considered for the general sessions. Abstracts submitted to the general sessions will be reviewed by the conference scientific committee. Decisions on abstracts will be made one month after the close of the abstracts submissions.
Oral and paper abstracts are now invited on the following topics in Symposiums and General Sessions. They should be submitted using the online abstract submission system.
Interfacing nature and humans
- Sensor networks, pattern recognition and robots in ecological modelling
- Data treatment and management
- Network analysis
- Complex systems
- GIS and landscape
- Spatial models
- Simulation models
- Energy quality (e.g., energy, exergy)
- Population and quantitative genetics in ecological modelling
- Molecular ecology/evolution and meta-genomics
- Strategy and game theory
- Population/community stability and persistence
- Ecosystem adaptation/evolution to environmental variability (e.g., climate change)
- Behavioral adaptation to stress and disturbance
Social collaboration for ecosystem sustainability
- Social feedbacks for ecosystem management
- Ecological/environmental economics/sociology
- Models dealing with stress, disturbance and disaster in ecosystems
- Invasion and extinction of species
- Wildlife and resource management
- Pest management
- Biodiversity and conservation management
- Energy efficiency and budget
- Ecosystem services
- Aquatic and river ecosystem management
- Brackish and coastal ecosystem management
- Terrestrial and forest ecosystem management
- Urban ecosystem management
- Education and public relations
The sessions will be organized in parallel according to hierarchical units of ecological systems, computational methods and applied and related fields across different ecosystems:
- Ecology in molecules and cells
- Individual ecology in relation with physiology, morphology, behavior etc.
- Population and community ecology
- Ecosystem functioning and management (e.g., energy, bio-geo-chemical cycle)
- Heuristic or data-based models
- Process-based models
- Statistics in relation with ecological modelling
Applied and related fields
- Disease and health
- Chemical ecology
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence
Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt including an abstract reference number, which should be quoted in all correspondence. Allow at least 2 hours for your receipt to be returned to you.
Once the paper is accepted, at least one of the authors must register for the conference and present the paper at the conference.
If you do not receive acknowledgement for your abstract submission or you wish to make any essential revisions to an abstract already submitted, please DO NOT RESUBMIT your abstract, as this may lead to duplication. Please contact us with details of any revisions or queries. Please quote your reference number if you have one.